Saturday, May 23, 2009

Monday's "potential" and blogging in general

So a lot of my friends tell me to start a blog. OK, hey, whatever. I'll give it a shot. Many ask about the weather and what it's going to do, well, I'm new at this, not a good forecaster, and I have the annoying tendency to wishcast a lot.

Suffering through the worst spring for severe weather I can ever remember. I've gone from high expectations in March, to hopefulness in April, to wishcasting in May. Now I'm just praying for rain. It's May and the lawn looks like it's August, the weather pattern looks like it's August, this is ridiculous. The only real active weather looks like it's up near the Arctic Circle.

So we have some potential for thunder at least come Monday. Instead of letting the models tell me it's going to stink, I have resorted to trying to find any glimmer of hope wherever I can. Won't be able to go far Monday, so here's to hoping some kind of instability can build closer to home along the cold front and we at least get a decent linear mess. I can't believe I just said that. But that's how far my expectations have fallen this year.

I have spent a lot of time over the last 2 years building my knowledge, observing, chasing a little, so as to be ready to do some serious chasing this year, and wouldn't you know it, there's nothing to chase. So, I apologize to those annoyed by my constant wishcasting, it's just a bit of a bitter pill to swallow...

It's hard to even look at the GFS beyond 4-5 days any more. Yeah, I checked it out this morning, and yes, it wants to toy with me yet again... hopefully it's on to something. More than likely it's just another teaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean.